Spring Valley Hospital Medical Center offers flexible visiting hours for family members and friends in all units.
- Adult Care Areas – Visiting hours for adult care areas are 8 am – 8 pm daily.
- Labor and Delivery – Please check with the department for specific visitation guidelines pertaining to sibling visitation.
- NICU – Two visitors are permitted at a time. Visitation is open 24/7.
- Masks are voluntary and not required in the hospital.
- For the safety and welfare of patients, visitors must be free of colds, fever or other signs of infection.
- Only two visitors per patient are allowed at any one time with the exception of the Emergency Department, where only one visitor is permitted. Visitors are limited to immediate family in intensive care units.
- Visitors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult who is not a patient at the hospital.
- Visiting may be limited under the following conditions: due to a doctor's specific order, upon a patient's request, or at the discretion of nursing personnel to provide a patient with treatment and rest.
- For critical or seriously ill patients, (at the discretion of the Nurse Manager, Director and/or Administrative Supervisor), extension of visitation hours for immediate family members may be permitted.
*All areas of the hospital reserve the right to change individual visitation if there is a medical or a behavioral need.
When hospital restrictions occur for phone, visiting, mail, etc., a collaborative process will occur between caregivers, family members and the patient after fully explaining the rationale for decisions. The restrictions will be evaluated for therapeutic effectiveness. Exceptions and night visiting are at the discretion of the Administrative Supervisor/designee, based on the needs of the patient.
Special Area Rules
- Isolation: One visitor at a time is permitted with special precautions used to protect the visitor from cross infection. Efforts should be made to limit the visitor to next-of-kin.
- "Not for Publication" patients: The patient's permission must be obtained in each instance before allowing anyone to visit.
The Gift Shop
The Gift Shop is located across from the Courtyard Café on the first floor and features a selection of cards, candy, gifts, as well as magazines and personal items. You can also shop online and get free same-day delivery from the Gift Shop directly to patients in the hospital. As a reminder, please check with the nurse before giving a patient any food or candy. Flowers are not permitted in the Intensive Care Units.
Patient Visitation Rights
All patients (or their support person, where appropriate) shall have the right, subject to his or her consent, to receive the visitors whom he or she designates, including, but not limited to, a spouse, a domestic partner (including a same-sex domestic partner), another family member, or a friend, and the patient (or their support person, where appropriate) shall have the right to withdraw or deny such consent at any time; patient visitation rights shall not be restricted, limited or otherwise denied on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation or disability; all visitors shall enjoy full and equal visitation privileges consistent with patient preferences.
The nurses will help patients gather their belongings and provide discharge instructions. Upon discharge, patients will be escorted to the Patient Service Representative Office to finalize payment arrangements and then to their ride.
The valet is operational Monday – Friday from 8 am to 6 pm at the main entrance of the hospital off South Rainbow Boulevard.
Spring Valley Hospital Medical is a nonsmoking facility. It is the hospital's policy to provide a smoke-free environment for patients, visitors, employees, medical staff, vendors and contractors within, and immediately surrounding the institution. Smoking in patient rooms, or anywhere else within the facility is prohibited. Designated smoking areas are outside the building. The staff asks that patients not leave the hospital to smoke outside. It's very important to note to telemetry patients, that the telemetry transmitter will not transmit outside the hospital.
A chapel is located near the patient registration department.
Patient Medical Records
The days and hours of service for release of information to patients and/or their family(ies) as appropriate are Monday – Friday, 8 am – 4:30 pm. Patients may pick up records after 4:30 pm and before 6:30 pm during the week, if the HIM/Medical Records ROI clerk has called them to say that their records are ready for pick-up. Otherwise, they must wait until the regular hours of service.
Staff should not send patients and/or their families to the department. They should always refer them to the volunteers desk for information and assistance with completion of the authorization to release medical information. The HIM/Medical Records Department is staffed by one person on the weekend, so there will be no release of patient information by HIM/Medical Records to a patient or family member on the weekend. Patient information requested by other healthcare providers, e.g., hospital emergency rooms, will be provided as usual, this only relates to patients and/or their family members requesting the information.